I am broadly interested in mechanisms that shaping patterns of species diversity. In my PhD dissertation research, I focused on how local processes such as tree interactions, local topography variation and stochastic dilution effects that influenced the species abundance and species composition within communities based on Badagongshan 25-ha forest plot census data. In my postdoc research, I seeks determinants of large-scale species diversity pattern from contemporary climates, climate changes and evolutionary history etc. I am interested in providing sound scientific basis for managements and policy decision-making regarding biodiversity resources.
2014.10-present Department of Ecology, Peking University, Postdoctor;
2008.09-2014.07 University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (Wuhan Botanical Garden), PhD;
2004.09-2008.7 Shandong Agricultural University, Bachelor.
2015 National Natural Science Foundation of China (31500337) “conspecific and heterospecific competition in a subtropical forest: spatial pattern, drivers and the effects on species diversity maintenance”.
2016 China Postdoctoral Foundation (2016M591008) “the contribution of topography and soil properties in shaping species diversity in Badagongshan 25-ha plot”.
Grants and Awards；
2014 Di Ao Scholarship;
2011 the Excellent Student of Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences;
2009 the Excellent Student of Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences;
2009 the Outstanding Student Leaders of Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences;
2004-2008 Scholarships of Shandong Agricultural University.
1. Qinggang Wang, Dachuan Bao, Yili Guo, Junmeng Lu, Zhijun Lu, Yaozhan Xu, Kuihan Zhang, Haibo Liu, Hongjie Meng, Mingxi Jiang, Xiujuan Qiao, Handong Huang. 2014. Species associations in a species-rich subtropical forest were not well-explained by stochastic geometry of biodiversity. PLoS ONE, 9: e97300. (SCI, IF 3.535).
2. Qinggang Wang, Yaozhan Xu, Zhijun Lu, Yili Guo, Junmeng Lu, Kuihan Zhang, Haibo Liu, Hongjie Meng, Xiujuan Qiao, Handong Huang, Mingxi Jiang. 2014. Disentangling the effects of topography and space on the distributions of dominant species in a subtropical forest. Chinese Science Bulletin, 59: 5113-5122. (SCI, IF 1.620)
3. Qinggang Wang, Ruwan Punchi-Manage, Zhijun Lu, Scott Franklin, Zhiheng Wang, Yaoqi Li, Xiulian Chi, Dachuan Bao, Yili Guo, Junmeng Lu, Yaozhan Xu, Xiujuan Qiao, Mingxi Jiang. 2016.The effects of topography on structuring species assemblages in a subtropical forest. Journal of Plant Ecology，doi: 10.1093/jpe/rtw047 (SCI, IF 2.519).
4. Qinggang Wang, Xiangyan Su, Yunpeng Liu, Siyang Wang, Xiaoting Xu, Zhiheng Wang. Historical factors shaped species diversity and composition of Salix in eastern Asia. Scientific reports (SCI, IF 5.525已修回).
5. Dong He, Qinggang Wang, Scott Franklin, Mingxi Jiang. 2013. Transient and asymptotic demographics of the riparian species Euptelea pleiospermum in the Shennongjia area, central China. Biological Conservation, 161, 193-202. (SCI, IF 4.748).
6. Yaozhan Xu, Scott Franklin, Qinggang Wang, Zheng Shi, Yiqi Luo, Zhijun Lu, Jiaxin Zhang, Xiujuan Qiao, Mingxi Jiang. 2015. Topographic and biotic factors determine forest biomass spatial distribution in a subtropical mountain moist forest. Forest Ecology and Management, 357: 95–103. (SCI, IF 3.230).
7. Yili Guo, Zhijun Lu, Qinggang Wang, Junmeng Lu, Yaozhan Xu, Hongjie Meng, Haibo Liu, Jiaxin Zhang, Dachuan Bao, Xiujuan Qiao, Handong Huang, Mingxi Jiang. 2015. Detecting negative density dependence from spatial patterns in a heterogeneous subtropical forest of central China. Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 45: 710-720. (SCI, IF 2.016).
8. Yili Guo, Junmeng Lu, Scott Franklin, Qinggang Wang, Yaozhan Xu, Kuihan Zhang, Dachuan Bao, Xiujuan Qiao. Handong Huang, Zhijun Lu, Mingxi Jiang. 2013. Spatial distribution of tree species in a species-rich subtropical mountain forest in central China. Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 43: 826-835. (SCI, IF 2.016).
9. Junmeng Lu，Daniel Johnson, Xiujuan Qiao, Zhijun Lu, Qinggang Wang, Mingxi Jiang. 2015. Density dependence and habitat preference shape seedling survival in a subtropical forest in central China. Journal of Plant Ecology, 8:568-577. (SCI, IF 2.519)
10. Yaoqi Li, Zhiheng Wang, Xiaoting Xu, Wenxuan Han, Qinggang Wang, Dongting Zou. 2016. Leaf margin analysis of Chinese woody plants and the constrains in its application for paleoclimatic reconstruction, Global Ecology and Biogeography, doi: 10.1111/geb.12498 (SCI, IF 7.602)
11. Xiujuan Qiao, Qianxi Li, Qinghu Jiang, Junmeng Lu, Scott Franklin, Zhiyao Tang, Qinggang Wang, Jiaxin Zhang, Zhijun Lu, Dachuan Bao, Yili Guo, Haibo Liu, Yaozhan Xu, Mingxi Jiang. 2015. Beta diversity determinants in Badagonshan, a subtropical forest in central China. Scientific Reports, 5: 17043. (SCI, IF 5.525)
12. 刘海波，王庆刚，路俊盟，徐耀粘，卢志军. 2014. 八大公山常绿落叶阔叶混交林根萌能力. 科学通报, 59(35): 3491-3498. (中文核心)
13. 卢志军，鲍大川，郭屹立，路俊盟，王庆刚，等. 2013. 八大公山中亚热带常绿落叶阔叶混交林物种组成与结构. 植物科学学报, 31(4): 336-344. (中文核心)